Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David I Chorost MD
Dr. David I Chorost, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hopkinsville, KY. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. David I Chorost has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. David I Chorost has the following 14 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Showing 2 of 2
First Doctor To Get It Right
Self-verified patient of Dr. David I Chorost - Posted on March 17th, 2012
My family has suffered tremendously with my adult daughters mental behavior for years with no help or direction from any of the various mental health care professionals who seen her. Trying to describe her behavior to those who hasn't witnessed it is very frustrating. Thank God for Dr Chorost, finally a doctor who has insight and got right into her head without being fooled like all the rest!!! A good doctor! God sent and I believe that with all my heart
Self-verified patient of Dr. David I Chorost - Posted on March 18th, 2010
30 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. David I Chorost Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. David I Chorost's office for more information.
2400 Russellville Rd Hopkinsville, KY : (270) 889-6025
Locations & DirectionsWESTERN STATE HOSPITAL, 2400 Russellville Rd, Hopkinsville, KY
Dr. David I Chorost is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hopkinsville, KY.