Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David M Claman MD
Dr. David M Claman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA, with other offices in San Francisco, CA and San Francisco, CA . He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Sleep Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Claman is affiliated with University of California San Francisco Medical Center at Parnassus. He speaks English.
Dr. David M Claman has 3 locations
2330 Post St Ste 420
San Francisco, CA 94115
2330 Post St Ste 420
San Francisco, CA 94115
400 Parnassus Ave Fl 5
San Francisco, CA 94143
Book Online Now
Dr. David M Claman has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. David M Claman has the following 3 expertise
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Dr. David M Claman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I think he's bored with Pulmonary..He is also the head of the Sleep Disorders program.
Self-verified patient of Dr. David M Claman - Posted on February 12th, 2017
As stated above I believe he should choose one career to focus on and then give it all his attention. Like most people one can get bored doing the same specialty for 30 years ie Pulmonary... the fact that he is the Head Honcho of Sleep Disorders speaks loudly that he sought out new challenges, however the sad truth is that one of the specialty's suffers and along with that just might be the patients.
Dr. Claman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1987
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. David M Claman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
Chinese Community Health Plan
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
More about Dr. David M Claman
Critical Care Medicine; Pulmonary Medicine; Sleep Disorders Dr. David M. Claman is director of the UCSF Sleep Disorders Center. He is board certified as a sleep medicine specialist by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine as well as board certified in internal medicine and pulmonary and critical care medicine. He has a particular interest in treating patients with asthma and tuberculosis and uses non-invasive ventilation therapy, which doesn't require inserting an instrument into the body to assist breathing. After earning a degree in biology at Stanford University, Claman graduated in 1987 from Southwestern Medical School in Texas. He completed an internal medicine residency and two fellowships, one in pulmonary and critical care medicine, and a second in sleep medicine at UCSF Medical Center and Stanford University, respectively. Claman has published extensively about his research focusing on sleep apnea and non-invasive therapy for patients with breathing difficulties.
Locations & Directions
Dr. David M Claman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.