Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David Allen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Allen cares for all members of our family. When one is in for a visit, he never fails to take care of their needs and then ask about how other members are doing. He is very personable and just a great guy. My children go to him for care and he makes them feel very at ease. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a family physician.
Do not ignore the pattern of opinions you see on this thread. You will notice after a negative review you will see reviews praising this doctor. I had a horrible experience at his office. His staff is rude and unprofessional. Research him on the Texas Board. I wish I had done so before going to him. Do not go to this doctor.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
Medical Center Of Plano
TX Health Allen
Medical Center Of Plano Through Ipc
25 Years Experience
The University of Texas at Houston
Graduated in 1988
Dr. David Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions515 W Main St, Allen, TX
Dr. David Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allen, TX.