The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David D Chi has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Showing 5 of 26
Dr David Chi examined me for surgery for a ventral hernia. He told me his office would contact me to schedule a surgery date. When I did not hear from his office after two weeks, I called his office and was informed a note would be placed in my file and that I was to wait for a date for surgery. After another two weeks I contacted a different doctor who said I needed immediate surgery. My office visit and exam was on Wednesday with a pre-op exam on Thursday and surgery the next Monday followed by a 4-day hospital visit and several weeks of home therapy and rest. There was no apparent reason for Dr Chiâs conduct. Was surgery too complex for him? Not wanting another Medicare patient? Failure to communicate was detrimental to my health and should be considered unprofessional conduct by Dr Chi.
A Doctor can be the best in his or her field, if the doctor's staff and front office personnel who run the office and have been trained by the doctor, is his patient's first impression. Doctor Chi staff are not pleasent, they are very matter of fact, act like their doing you a favor rather than their job, and don't follow up . I was very disappointed as Doctor Chi came very highly recomended.
Dr. Chi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. David D Chi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. David D Chi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.