Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David Dennis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David Dennis has the following 2 expertise
- Infectious Disease
Dr. David Dennis has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David Dennis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Dennis is a very polite physician and extremely knowledgeable. The one thing that concerns me is that he seems to fail in the compassion department. If he feels bored with having patients who are more in the "adult primary care" department versus those who would fall into his category of expertise, it seems he would allow himself access only to those patients of whom fall into his area of expertise. I know I feel like I have to be my own advocate when I go to see him..
The most caring and concerned doctor I know. Witty too! If all doctors were like Dr Dennis, the world would be a lot better place. I feel the earlier rating of Dr Dennis is a bit unfair - in today's system, isn't one of the major roles of primary care physicians to refer patients to the proper specialists?
It seems Dr. Dennis can't solve a case without referring you to someone else. I get tired of being shuffled around. I just go to him for him to send me to off..
Dr. Dennis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Salina Regional Health Center
35 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. David Dennis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsMowery Clinic, 737 E Crawford St, Salina, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Dennis in this video.
Dr. David Dennis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salina, KS.