Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David I Deyhimy MD
Dr. David Deyhimy is an Orange County physician board-certified in both anesthesiology and addiction medicine. With over 20 years of combined practice experience, he splits his time actively practicing in both medical specialties. Dr. Deyhimy graduated from the University of Nevada School of Medicine in 2001. The following year, he began his residency in anesthesiology at the University of California Davis Medical Center, becoming chief resident in 2004 followed by a Cardiovascular and Thoracic anesthesiology fellowship in 2005-2006. During this period, he was the recipient of UC Davis Medical Center House Staff Professionalism Award 2005, California Society of Anesthesiology Resident Research Competition winner 2005 and Outstanding Resident Teaching Award in 2006. Since 2007 he has practiced anesthesiology at Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. His commitment to addiction medicine was a direct outgrowth of his work in anesthesiology where the complex interactions of disease, surgery and drugs are often literally the difference between life and death. Dr. Deyhimy founded South County Addiction Treatment Services in 2013 and has been providing medically-assisted withdrawal (detox) and medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for drug and alcohol treatment program patients and for patients in the community. A firm believer in harm reduction and evidence-based medicine, Dr. Deyhimy actively promotes MAT as the single most effective pharmacological means for treating addiction and preventing death. He is the medical director of Solace Foundation of Orange County, which provides education and training in opioid overdose reversal and distributes Naloxone reversal kits throughout Orange County. To date over 8000 kits have been distributed with nearly 2000 documented overdose reversals. Addiction medicine affords a physician the opportunity to save lives every day, and is truly one of the most rewarding and gratifying specialties of medicine to be practicing in.
24902 Moulton Pkwy Ste 200
Laguna Hills, CA 92637
Dr. David I Deyhimy has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. David I Deyhimy has the following 1 expertise
Dr. David I Deyhimy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. David I Deyhimy - Posted on July 25th, 2013
Dr. Deyhimy is the best! He was my anesthesiologist for two recent surgeries. I couldn't have been in better hands. I am a difficult patient to install the breathing tube in and he is masterful. His extra patience and skill left me with no pain after the surgery, not even a sore throat. I had no nausea whatsoever. He called me on the phone the night before each of my surgeries, came early before the surgeries to address all my concerns and problems, and visited me the evening of my surgery in the hospital. He is the best of the best!
18 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. David I Deyhimy Accepts the Following Insurance
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
Locations & DirectionsOrange County Addiction Treatment Services (myMATclinic), 24902 Moulton Pkwy Ste 200, Laguna Hills, CA
Dr. David I Deyhimy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Laguna Hills, CA.