Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Dobos
Dr. David Dobos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with other offices in Aliso Viejo, CA and Anaheim, CA (and 1 other location). He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Dobos is affiliated with West Anaheim Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente Orange County - Anaheim Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David Dobos has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. David Dobos has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
Dr. David Dobos is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I've greatly appreciated meeting with Dr. Dobos. He takes however much time is necessary to help me figure out the right meds to take for anxiety. He's professional, yet friendly and engaging. I'm fortunate to have had him work with me while in South Orange County. Tomorrow will be my last appointment with him because I'm moving to Northern California. Hopefully I will find another psychiatrist who will help me feel comfortable.
Dr. Dobos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
West Anaheim Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente Orange County - Anaheim Medical Center
33 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. David Dobos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.