Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David W Dunn
Dr. David W Dunn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Dunn is affiliated with Community Hospital East. He speaks English.
Dr. David W Dunn has the following 4 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Substance Abuse
- Learning Disorders
- Child Behavior Disorders
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Cognition Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Retardation
- Status Epilepticus
- Seizure Disorders
- Neurofibromatosis 1
- Mental Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Dunn Has a great bedside manner for both the patients and their parents as well he is very dedicated and his staff are kind courtous and will get back to you right away if you need to call and ask a question we have had an awesome experience seeing Dr. Dunn and my sons have been under his care for about 10 years I would recommend him highly
Dr. Dunn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. David W Dunn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRiley Hospital For Children At Indiana University Health Pha, 705 Riley Hospital Dr, Indianapolis, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David W Dunn in this video.
Dr. David W Dunn is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.