Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David E Abernethy MD
Dr. David E Abernethy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kansas City, KS, with other offices in Oklahoma City, OK and Oklahoma City, OK . He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Hospitalist and Internal Medicine. Dr. Abernethy is affiliated with Shawnee Mission Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David E Abernethy has 3 locations
3901 Rainbow Blvd
Kansas City, KS 66160
4200 W Memorial Rd Ste 610
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
4300 W Memorial Rd
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Book Online Now
Dr. David E Abernethy has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David E Abernethy has the following 5 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Chest Pain
Dr. Abernethy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. David E Abernethy Accepts the Following Insurance
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David E Abernethy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kansas City, KS.