Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David E Abrams has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David E Abrams has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. David E Abrams has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David E Abrams is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Wow. Where do I begin. I hold the medical power of attorney for my parents and they have been patients of David Abrams for over 25 years and joined his Concierge plan when it began. My father, at 97, was ill on a Friday afternoon about 10 days ago. Abrams' exchange was not answering his office phone so our private caregiver called me for his cell number. Why was his exchange not answering? We don't know. Our private caregiver did speak with him on his cell. I was not on the call with Abrams, but our caregiver told me he seemed unconcerned and asked her what do you expect at his age. To shorten a long story, my father was taken by ambulance and admitted to a hospital where Abrams does not have privileges, but only a few miles from his office. We actually thought he would visit my father or, at the very least, contact his other patient, my mother. My father was in the hospital for TEN DAYS before being sent home with hospice care. But, no. NO VISITS, NO RETURNED PHONE CALLS. During this time, messages were left for Abrams. None were returned. He's really good at taking your additional cash payments for non-existent additional services. Just don't expect to get your money's worth. His practice is worthless. Save the money and find a caring physician that takes your insurance. When the chips are down and it's a life or death situation, he's not available. Over the years, my parents have paid Abrams tens of thousands of dollars to have him by their side when needed. He should be ashamed.
Dr. Abrams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1968
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. David E Abrams accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPaul B Sogol Md, 18370 Burbank Blvd Ste 211, Tarzana, CA
Dr. David E Abrams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tarzana, CA.