Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David E Cox has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 13
My father is Dr. Cox's patient. My experience with him was less than favorable. I was the immediate family member at the hospital before, during, and after my father's procedure. This survey asked about "bedside manner", well that implies that the doctor was actually in the room to communicate. I received the results of my dad's procedure over the phone at the nurse's station. I would have appreciated the consideration of getting the results in a manner where I did not feel rushed to get off the phone because I had questions. I do not have a medical degree, I was not asking for a complete lecture of the heart's mechanisms; I don't think having a comfortable understanding of the results from a procedure Dr. Cox ordered is unreasonable. The procedure was not planned, so I get that completing it may have added to Dr. Cox's already busy day, but at least have some way to leave your patients and their family members with no questions as to what he found. We trust his medical knowledge and recommendations (we get it, he's smart) but don't expect much in the bedside, wait, phone call manner.
I have seen Dr Cox almost two years and his personality is very dry. He does not seem to believe what I tell him and it seems he believes I should fit in a mold he has in mind. His staff is very unfriendly. Of course, many doctors do not seem to take the patients seriously and have the assembly line personality.
20 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. David E Cox accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Associates Birmingham, 3980 Colonnade Pkwy, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David E Cox in this video.
Dr. David E Cox is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.