Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David E Shapiro has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Breast Cancer
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Bone Fracture
- Back Injuries
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I saw Dr Shapiro for a curvature of the spine (scoliosis) when I was 14 years old (about 12 years ago). He did not sugarcoat anything-- in fact, he was abruptly direct. I can understand why people might rate him poorly on his manner, but I personally found it refreshing. He told me that I would have to have surgery, my curvature had surpassed the point where I could correct it with bracing. His directness allowed me to trust him and his surgical methods. I saw three surgeons-- Dr. Shapiro was the winner. He answered all of my questions in a clear and concise manner. My surgery was extended because he sewed me up instead of stapling me-- Because of my young age, he did not want me to have ugly surgery scars. He did not tell anyone that he did this and it was a surprise even to Judy. She told me that he had never sewn anyone up before. My surgery was a complete success--Any problems surrounding my surgery were the fault of the hospital. In fact, both Dr. Shapiro and my attending doctor in the hospital were livid at the treatment I received at Evanston Hospital. Long after my surgery, I saw him to request that I borrow my x-rays and files for a school project on scoliosis-- He gladly gave them to me and talked to me for a long while on how I was doing. A few years ago my grandmother saw Dr. Shapiro for a spinal problem-- Dr. Shapiro remembered who I was and told my grandmother that he would enjoy me stopping by the office if ever in town. Dr. Shapiro made a horrible experience a bearable one, and for that, he will forever be in my heart.
Dr. David Shapiro gave me back my life. After I had back surgery which included metal plates and screws with cages, I can now do everything I was unable to do for a long while. I was confident and very happy with Dr. Shapiro. HE is my hero! I could never say anything but, thank you to an unbelivable wonderful man who saved my life. He's a kind understanding dr with a heart of gold who cares about his patients.
37 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. David E Shapiro accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDavid E Shapiro Md, 1354 Sheridan Rd, Highland Park, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David E Shapiro in this video.
Dr. David E Shapiro is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Highland Park, IL.