Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Shirley MD
Dr. David Shirley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rocklin, CA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Shirley is affiliated with Sutter Roseville Medical Center, Dameron Hospital and Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David Shirley has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. David Shirley has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. David Shirley - Posted on March 7th, 2015
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shirley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sutter Roseville Medical Center
Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital
27 Years Experience
Michigan State University
Graduated in 1986
Dr. David Shirley Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. David Shirley's office for more information.
3031 Stanford Ranch Rd Rocklin, CA : (916) 677-9834
Locations & Directions3031 Stanford Ranch Rd, Rocklin, CA
Dr. David Shirley is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rocklin, CA.