Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Feit
Dr. David Feit, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hackensack, NJ, with another office in Hackensack, NJ. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Feit is affiliated with HackensackUMC, Pascack Valley Hospital and Holy Name Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David Feit has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I must say that I was very dissatisfied with this medical practice and will never return. I should have learned my lesson in the very beginning when I realized that every time you phone the office, you cannot speak to a live person. You must leave a message and then hope that someone gets back to you in a timely fashion. Although the doctor I saw, Dr. Feit was very professional, I felt that he didn't take my concerns seriously. When I left a message for him to call me back, I didn't usually get a return call until a couple of days later at best. Then to make things worse, my insurance company switched and for some reason they had an issue with my billing. Carol, their billing worker called my home a couple of times leaving me messages, but never once bothered to call either my cell phone or my work number to try to reach me. I actually work during the day, so by the time I got home to return the call, the office was already closed for the day, my only recourse was to leave a message the following day and hope for a return call. They actually served me with court papers saying that they were suing me because of the insurance mix up. When I called their attorney, I was told to call Carol at Hackensack Digestive to straighten this out! You could imagine what a nightmare this was turning into. I figured I'd better phone the insurance company first to get all of the info. After a few games of phone tag...since you can never get an actual live person on the phone, Carol decides to call me back. I explain the story to her and ask her if she is interested in having the check numbers from the insurance company to which she rudely replied that she was not interested. I cannot believe how unprofessional this office is run. She has the nerve to serve me with court papers after not even trying to phone me on my cell or work and then doesn't even want the information proving that the payments were made. I would stay clear of this office completely. I will definitely look for a new GI doctor who cares about his patients.
Dr. Feit is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pascack Valley Hospital
Holy Name Hospital
32 Years Experience
Graduated in 1981
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. David Feit accepts the following insurance providers.
- Amerihealth Local Value Network
- Amerihealth Regional Preferred
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Feit in this video.
Dr. David Feit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackensack, NJ.