Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David R Fischler MD
Dr. David R Fischler has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David R Fischler has the following 7 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
Showing 5 of 12
If I Could Rate at 0 Stars, I would
Self-verified patient of Dr. David R Fischler - Posted on March 29th, 2019
Very poor bed side manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. David R Fischler - Posted on November 7th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. David R Fischler - Posted on August 28th, 2018
He spent more time talking about himself and trying to persuade me then the interest of the patient. He just saw my uncle for the first time and he was extremely rude to the point that i have a letter and meeting with the patient advocacy team. This doctor was not interested in saving his life but ending a life. He should definitely be reprimanded!!
Simply the best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. David R Fischler - Posted on August 8th, 2018
My 90 year old Dad was taken to the hospital with pneumonia and The Doctor happened to be making rounds that particular day at RWJ. We were so lucky! The care we have gotten in the last several months since discharge has been excellent. He is caring, compassionate and detailed in his explanations and treatments and what we are doing to help my dad recover. His office staff is wonderful, we never wait for our visits and we couldn’t be happier to have such care so close by.
No patience for patients
Self-verified patient of Dr. David R Fischler - Posted on April 20th, 2018
After seeing my wife for a few minutes doctor decided that my wife had to be thrown out of the hospital. Never reviewing her chart or the fact that he was not responsible for my wife's blood issues. All he wanted to do is clear the bed. Did not care about my wife's pain or the fact that her blood was not within therapeutic levels. I've only did this one time in my life oh, and that was to have a doctor remove for my family service. When a doctor is so arrogant and doesn't care about the patient he shouldn't be dealing with patients. I've never wrote a review before but I thought I had to now.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. David R Fischler Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsROBERT WOOD JOHNSON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, 593 Cranbury Rd Ste 1A, East Brunswick, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David R Fischler, MD - Pulmonary Disease in East Brunswick, NJ, in this video.
Dr. David R Fischler is similar to the following 4 Doctors near East Brunswick, NJ.