Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David A Franks has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David A Franks has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Hot Flashes
Showing 4 of 4
Unprofessional does not begin to describe this office. First the receptionist was rude. The office manager came up and intererupted me during check-in. She looked like an old drag queen with so much make up. I could swear that when Dr. Franks came into the exam room that he had animal feces on his shoes. He smelled like a farm hand. He had no clue about my illness (abdominal migraines). I would be cautious about ever going to this physician. He has a wild look in his eyes.
Dr. Franks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Pike County Memorial Hospital
Dr. David A Franks accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsSmokey Mountain Health Care Associates, 190 Riverview St, Franklin, NC
Dr. David A Franks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Franklin, NC.