Highly Dissatisfied

Very Understanding, Very Easy To Talk To

DISAPPOINTED

I was socked to here my doctor of many, many years was leaving New Jersey, and was more disappointed he didn't notify me of his plans.

Revolving Door Psychiatry

The waiting room was full. Every 15 minutes a patient would go in, a short time later they were out - like a revolving door. I probably could have set my watch by how long it took him to sit them down, ask how they are doing, and then write out another Rx or hand out free samples. He is just a glorified, legal drug dealer in an environment that ends up feeling more like a free clinic vs a professional psychicatric office. For the inital evaluation I was with him for an entire 15 minutes. He asked me questions that were unrelated/irrelevant to my situation, plus he didn't listen to me when I told him that I'd prefer a different Rx that I would be more comfortable with (I'm sure he's getting a kick-back from a drug company). The front desk handed me a plastic Acme bag of drug samples (Acme bag - classy) to take with me, along with verbal instructions. I have good insurance, so I don't need free samples for a drug I know nothing about, and after researching it, will not be taking. A prescription for a drug that I'm willing to take would have sufficed. Certainly his office will be billing my insurance company for the entire 50 minute session when I only received 15 minutes of his time. Gotta love the big black hole of Cumberland County for this kind of medical professionalism.

Dr. David M Friel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Linwood, NJ.