Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David E Fumo has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. David E Fumo has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
Dr. David E Fumo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
The nurse was very rude. My mother is severely sick and she would not let her use the bathroom in the back and made her walk back to the waiting room and down the hall to the bathroom. Meanwhile my mother can hardly walk and is dying and couldn't make it to the bathroom she still refused to let her use the bathroom!!! That is very unacceptable and being a nurse you are to be a caring and compassionate person not be like that. She should be ashamed of herself!!!! It was not the nurse that brought her back she was actually nice it was the one sitting in the back. Dr. Fumo did apologize for this but I honestly do not thing it was his responsibility to apologize.
This dr. is terrible! I went to him with REAL problems, & he hardly wanted to listen to me. He dismissed me after a 4 min appt! Gave me meds that were totally not for my condition & that was it! He didn't even want to do any testing or anything! After taking the meds he prescribed, I was in worse shape than before. Went to dr Gupta, he did tests the very next day & found diseased gall bladder, ibs, lazy colon, & gerd. I will never recommend dr Fumo to ANYONE!!!!
He misdiagnosed me twice. If you go to him and you are female, you are immediately in need of antidepressants and counseling. He can be very unprofessional, belligerent and insulting. I went to him with severe rectal bleeding and he blew me off for about a year. Another time, I had RUQ pain for over a year, he got belligerent in the office, literally screamed at me and told me it was not my gallbladder. Both times he ordered tests to prove me wrong and ended up proving himself wrong. He also put me on sulfa drugs for U.C> and then asked why I did not lay out in the sun on my vacation and get tan. The pharmacist told me to stay out of the sun while on these drugs because they make you photo-sensitive. He does not even know about the drugs he prescribes. The only reason I went to him is because my insurance required me to go there. Not Now!!! Never Again!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
36 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. David E Fumo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David E Fumo in this video.
Dr. David E Fumo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Michigan City, IN.