Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David G Koch has 3 locations
171 Ashley Ave
Charleston, SC 29425
25 Courtenay Dr
Charleston, SC 29425
25 Courtenay Dr Fl 2
Charleston, SC 29425
Book Online Now
Dr. David G Koch has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
Dr. David G Koch has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 1 of 1
Didn't Even Introduce Himself
Self-verified patient of Dr. David G Koch - Posted on July 16th, 2017
Dr. Koch performed a colonoscopy and an endoscopy on me after a referral from my primary care physician in order to monitor my PSC. In addition to over-hearing the nurse state that Dr. Koch was going to take another patient before me, causing me to wait an additional hour in pre-op, he finally stopped by my bed to quickly run through what he planned to do during the procedures. He was like a robot running through the "standard" language. Most frustrating was that he never even bothered to introduce himself. A few minutes later, I was wheeled into the procedure room by the nurse who didn't say a word to me and laid on the bed in complete silence as Dr. Koch typed into a computer in the corner of the room and the nurse was prepping materials. No one said a word to me until a technician walked in and warmly greated me. The others just didn't seem to care who I was or that I was even in the room with them. Thankfully I don't get nervous about these types of procedures but I feel sorry for someone who does as there will be no signs of caring from Dr. Koch. Maybe he was having a bad day but there's no excuse to not even introduce yourself and put your patient at ease. Not surprisingly, the results took nearly 10 days to be released despite my wife being told that they would be available within 3 days. Maybe they were busy submitting the bill because that came pretty quickly.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
17 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2001
Dr. David G Koch Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David G Koch is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charleston, SC.