Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Gartenberg
Dr. David Gartenberg, MD, PA is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Gartenberg is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas and Harris Continued Care Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David Gartenberg has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have been a patient of Dr. Gartenberg since 1999. He is an excellent Family Practitioner and Primary Care Provider. He is extremely knowledgeable, but has a nice list of specialists to refer to when needed. He is honest about one's personal responsibility for one's health without being preachy or judgmental. He does run late on his schedule, but that's because he never rushes through an appointment just to stay on track. Each patient gets his full attention in their own time, and I like it that way. I have referred several people to him over the years, and they have all thanked me afterward.
Dr. Gartenberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
Harris Continued Care Hospital
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano
Medical Center Of Plano
Harris Methodist H E B
Texas Health Plano
41 Years Experience
University Of Manitoba
Graduated in 1972
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. David Gartenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBaylor Family Medicine at Legacy, 4800 Hedgcoxe Rd, Plano, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Gartenberg in this video.
Dr. David Gartenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.