Dr. David Graff Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. David Graff?

Not patient-oriented

I was admitted to the hospital via the ER, with torn muscles and damage to my hip joint, with a large hematoma and severe swelling in the thigh. I was in acute pain, my blood pressure was down to 80/50, and I had lost so much blood into my leg (an estimated 2 units) that I was anemic. The intake doctor in the ER trauma unit and the first doctor on the floor were excellent. Then along came Dr. Graff. Even though I had just gone through a night of incapacitating pain, he decided that I could be discharged. He also said that I should be able to fly to the mainland in 5 days. On the day that he had declared that I would be fit to fly, I was back in the ER, worse off than before. The intake doctor n the ER decided I should be admitted to the hospital and ordered an MRI. Before this could happen, that doctor went off duty and Dr. Graff took over my case. Even though I was in extreme pain and no one (including Dr. Graff) had yet been able to explain why my condition had worsened, he wanted to overrule the other doctor, cancel the MRI and not have me admitted as a patient. When I told other staff members that I wanted to speak with a patient advocate about this, luckily Dr. Graff was withdrawn from my case. Days later, I am still unable to walk, sit or stand without pain, one leg is swollen to twice the size of the other, and I am scheduled to see an orthopedic surgeon regarding the possible need for surgical intervention. I can only image what would have happened had I done as Dr. Graff said and attempted to fly back to the mainland. Throughout, he was rude and brusque, and totally disinterested in anything I had to say, actually interrupting me when I was trying to answer his questions. I would not recommend him to anyone and if I ever have to return to the hospital I will request that he not be assigned to my case.

Notice that Dr is good with his patients but rather abrupt and condescending to the staff that he works with. That was a put off for me

Type 2 Diabetes

Dr. David Graff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.