Have you seen Dr. David M Grischkan?

Exceptional

I am a dentist and was back seeing a full schedule in 96 hours post op. Left inguinal hernia.

Number 1 hernia surgeon

I put off my hernia surgery for years. After hearing about Dr. Grischkan from my own patients, I researched him myself and ultimately had my hernia repaired by him. The results were beyond my expectations and I regret not having the surgery done a long time ago.I missed one day of work and returned to basically normal activities within a few days. If you need hernia surgery, there is only one choice if you want it done right with minimal down time. I now recommend him and only him to my own patients who need hernia surgery.

Great experience

I had my Umbelical hernia for about a year and a half, before deciding to get it repaired. Went to see Dr. Grischkan, and he got me in for surgery the following week. The surgery was quick and painless. A week later I went on a 1500 mile motorcycle trip. I would highly recommend Dr. Grischkan.

Dr Grischkan was referred by a friend.When I called for an appointment I was given one that same day. The staff was extremely sympathetic due to me being quite ill. When I met Dr Grischkan , my sister and I were amazed. He not only diagnosed the ventral hernia, he explained how it had been there since birth and how throughout the years it had gotten increasingly larger . He explained in laymen's terms the surgical technique that would correct it. Within a week I had the surgery, my husband was in the waiting room prepared for a long sit down, he no more got his laptop opened up and the staff at the Surgical Center said I was done. After hearing much in the way of grueling recovery time, pain and re-occurring problems from hernia surgeries, this was absolutely the opposite. The instructions post-op required several hours of walking per day along with a regular diet and pain meds if necessary. I cannot tell you how positive this experience was. Dr Grischkan is a kind person with one goal in mind and that is to heal. His Hippocratic Oath could not be more on display than how he conducts his professional life. God Bless you Dr. G. and a great big prayers up for all of you and you're continued success at The Hernia Center Of Ohio, Stephanie R

The Best Doctors Give You The Best Results

In 2005, I became a victim of a disastrous double hernia repair, which left me in pain for 12 years. No one should go through what I experienced when dangerous hernia mesh was put in my body. I finally decided that I had to get the hernia mesh removed. I knew that I had to find the best doctor to repair the damage and put my body back to normal. After much research, I was confident that Dr. Grischkan was the top surgeon in the U.S. to perform my double hernia mesh removal surgery. I filled out a short questionnaire and before I knew it, he personally called me on the phone to discuss my medical needs. In today's depersonalized healthcare systems, it was a surprise and a breath of fresh air to get this level of personalized care. I was taken back by the time he spent with me on the phone (it felt like I was back in the 1950's when doctors actually made house calls!). It was a 2-hour drive to his center, but I would have traveled across the country to receive this caliber of hernia and surgical knowledge. After meeting him at my consultation, it did not take long for my husband and I to decide to move forward with the surgery. Dr. Grischkan's friendly manner and extraordinary expertise really put me at ease. It was such a relief to finally find such an authority on hernia issues! He gave me a price for the surgery and I never paid a penny more (no hidden fees or extra charges). His office staff is very responsive and helpful. My anesthesiologist was amazing! He answered all of my questions and really knows his stuff. Dr. Grischkan performed the operation and it was over in no time … finally, after 12 years, I was on the road to recovery. The results are beyond my expectations. I'm 2 weeks out from surgery and already I am experiencing how soft my insides feel. Before, I always felt pulling, tugging and painful jabbing. Now, I am moving so much easier and I can't wait for further healing. I feel like I got my body back! I would highly recommend Dr. Grischkan for any type of hernia repair. He's THE ONE to go to. What I really love is the fact that he is also a driving force and a competent activist to get hernia mesh banned forever. He's fighting the system for the benefit of patients and nothing can be better than that!! Thank you, Dr. Grischkan for your remarkable care and giving me back the quality of life I deserve.

There is a reason people come from all over the country and world to have Dr. Grischkan to preform their hernia surgery, he’s one of the best! From the friendly staff at The Hernia Center Of Ohio to the staff at the surgery center, everyone was welcoming and put me at ease. The surgery for my large inguinal hernia went smooth with no complications and very little pain. I never even used the pain meds I was prescribed, Ibuprofen was enough. I was back to work a week later with no restrictions. If you want to avoid the horror stories you may have heard about hernia surgery give Dr. Grischkan a call.

Weightlifters, see this guy!

Three surgeries as adult from lifting weights. This guy fixed the problems!

Excellent all Around

My entire experience with Dr. Grischkan and the Hernia Center of Ohio was excellent—from start to finish. I am 66 years old and hadn’t had any medical procedure done since I had my wisdom teeth out at age 16, i.e., 50 years ago. I mention it because I was really pretty anxious about it all; but, Dr. Grischkan and his staff were patient and professional throughout and kept my mind at rest. The intake people the day before were great, very efficient, had all the papers ready and prepared in advance. I thought I'd have to spend an hour filling out forms, but all I had to do was read, confirm, and sign. The day of the surgery I was pleased to see that everyone involved knew exactly what they were doing. The nurses prepared everything with care, checked everything twice. The anesthesiologist was a real pro. And everyone was really personable about it; I was never treated as a mere “case” or “one more job to do.” When I was wheeled in for the surgery and about to go under the anesthetic, I have to say that at that moment—knowing I was just about to be cut open—I was really happy that I had chosen to go with one of the most expert doctors on the face of the earth for this procedure. I could have gone to a good, recommended general surgeon in my hometown two hours away, but he was not a super-specialist in hernias. They were just one of a dozen or two procedures he did and not even one of his announced specialties. As I went into dreamland, I was very happy I made the trip up the Hernia Center for the specialist. After the fact, I was even more happy. Dr. Grischkan let my wife and I know that I had actually had a double-hernia on the right side and that the edges of the tissues that had to be repaired were thin and had to be doubled over to make sure the repair held. (I had requested no mesh.) But my impression was that Dr. Grischkan had dealt with these kinds of “surprises” many times before, so he could handle anything that came up—he’s seen it all and done it all, so he could make whatever adjustments were necessary at the time without hesitation. I’m not sure a good “general surgeon” would have the ability to do that if he had discovered my two “surprises” right after opening me up. A good general surgeon might not have had the years of experience with just these kinds of complications. I might have ended up with mesh when I didn’t really have to have it. Now if Dr. Grischkan tells me I need mesh, I’ll take it as gospel. He’ll only use it if it is really necessary. He knows what he is about. I recommend him without reservation. His staff were also extremely patient and professional with me after the fact, during my first week of recovery. I called several times with questions and they were unfailingly polite, attentive, and helpful. Good experience all around. I did my 4 hours of walking, which the Center recommends, not just for the first 3 or 4 days but for about two weeks. Really helpful, great recovery plan. I was back at work on Tuesday after surgery Thursday. (Monday was a holiday that week.) Also, no surprises about the charges. All explained beforehand openly and honestly.

Incredible Outcomes!

I had my right inguinal repair in 2009. I did all of my research; techniques, materials, recovery rates and failure rates. Only Dr. Grischkan's Modified Shouldice Technique checked all of the boxes. No mesh, only the highest grade surgical Gore-Tex is used. I read testimonials claiming 2 to 4 day recovery rates for returning to work. No reported failures, only praise from those who had shoddy work repaired. I knew it would be completely "out-of-pocket" expense, but I only have 1 body and wanted it done right. First of all, brilliant decision! It was affordable and they worked out a payment plan for me. I recovered as promised and was back to work in days. In fact, I was splitting firewood 10 days after surgery - no lie! 8 years later I've completely forgotten the surgery ever happened - no lingering effects or discomfort at all. My outcome was so storybook perfect that I am now 2 weeks removed from having the other side done and everything has been perfect. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Grischkan!

Dr. Grischkan was excellent. My surgery went extremely well . Could not ask for any better results. He is an expert in his field. I will refer him to my friends who need his care.

The best decision I ever made, Twice

A few years ago I had a traditional double inguinal hernia operation. Dr. Stengle of the Toledo clinic performed the surgery. My surgical scares would heal and reopen. I began to experience severe pain in my entire upper torso. I discovered from another local doctor, who had experienced a similar experience, that I was having a reaction to the nylon mesh used in a standard surgical procedure. He recommended I see Dr. Grischkan. Over the next several months I had Dr. Grischkin remove the nylon mesh, repair the hernia's and replace the mesh with Gortex. I have since made a fun recovery. The staff was friendly and professional. the operation was convenient and speedy. I walked just a few hours after the surgery. Thank you Dr. Grischkin.

The Best

Dr. Grischkan is an expert at Hernia Repair. My experience was extremely favorable. Having had a hernia repaired ten years ago as my comparison, my recent surgery was 100% more favorable. Have NO reservations recommending Dr. Grischkan.

Dr. David M Grischkan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Beachwood, OH.

Dr. David M Grischkan Is this you?