Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David L Groten MD
Dr. David L Groten, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Princeton, WV. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular and Interventional Radiology and Radiology. He speaks English.
Dr. David L Groten has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. David L Groten has the following 12 expertise
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Liver Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Dialysis Access Surgery
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Lung Cancer
34 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
St Vincents Medical Center
Dr. David L Groten Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsAMIRA I KHOKAR MD, 200 New Hope Rd, Princeton, WV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David L Groten, MD - Vascular and Interventional Radiology in Princeton, WV, in this video.
Dr. David L Groten is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Princeton, WV.