Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David J Gullen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David J Gullen has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. David J Gullen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Gullen is fantastic! In my initial appointment, he took the time to make sure he understood all of my past medical history and my lifestyle. Even though he has your long, detailed form in front of him, he will still review it with you to make sure nothing is overlooked (which is VERY useful). He has a calming effect and puts you at ease. Most importantly, he will make sure he gets to the bottom of your medical problem. I had two emergency room visits in a year, and my previous primary care physician said it was just a fluke and since he didn't see anything in my blood or urine tests, that doctor basically said to wait and see. Dr. Gullen, on the other hand, asked me lots of questions and examined me. When he didn't see anything obvious, he immediately scheduled me to see specialists and made sure I got the right tests to accurately diagnose my problem. I am so relieved that Dr. Gullen has made sure that my problem was taken care of! When the urologists finally declared my kidneys were fine, Dr. Gullen made sure I got into the gynecology department, where they found a huge fibroid that was messing up other organs. Dr. Gullen stays actively involved because he really cares. The only bad thing is that he is NOT in my insurance network so I have to pay significantly more to see him. However, I find that the extra cost is definitely worth it!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
43 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. David J Gullen accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David J Gullen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.