Dr. David Cook Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Cook?

My first appt.

Posted on August 29th, 2016

Never have I had a Dr. do such an extensive background on my pass and present medical condition. It took him four and a half hours. He is a very caring, special Dr. and wold highly recommend him to anyone in severe pain. Within a week I knew the meds he had me on were going to make it possible to add hours to my work week giving me a much better standard of living. I actually found myself smiling something I hadn't done in a very long time.

Why I finally chose another doctor

Posted on October 20th, 2013

It was wonderful to find a doctor in Cary instead of having to go to Duke. But each time I would have to wait 2 hours to see him, so it seemed to take all morning. He was never in a hurry! When I tried to get my medical records when I needed them for life insurance, I never got them. The life insurance company gave up and asked me to try. I called, then ended up going down there two times, trying to get them always being put off. These are MY legal records! I like my new doctor much better.

I have never met a doctor of this calibre before. He is helping me change my life back.

Posted on May 17th, 2013

When you are at the end of your rope and giving up because of Dr's that pretend to care and enjoy accomplishing nothing but taking your money if you are as fortunate as I was you might could meet this gentlemen. He has spent more time with me in Dr. / Patient meetings and analyses in 10 months than the rest of these dr's have combined over 19 some years. After meeting Dr. Cook I can honestly say that some of the Dr.s I have met should not even be practicing. I despise some doctors for the ease I usually have in determining how little they actually do care about their patients. Dr. Cook's calibre of care has never come close to being equaled by anyone that "acts" as if they treated me an my problems for they only tiptoed around my life doing nothing to help it. Dr. Cook and his kindness and empathy for MY quality of life is very earth shattering to me. Pain causes me to lose hope and all I ever wanted was to work and take care of my family. He gave me some of the tools to do this with. Otherwise I can honestly say I do not think I would be here today. I had given up on Drs for I could easily read there agendas as they were emptying what little of a pocket my family had. Not Dr. Cook. If I sound like someone putting him on a pedestal or appreciating him not truthfully then perhaps you could consider this. If the quality of your life had resorted to being stuck to a bed, consumed by pain, not contributing to your own life or able to try to take care of your family., AND you are at the point of suicide from the tiredness of pain and not helping your wife and then by some miracle ONE great DR stepped up and actually did their job and HELPED YOU and by doing so instilled that bit of HOPE I had been searching for that enabled me to almost completely get this pain somewhat tolerable then what would you honestly say. This Dr saved my life and for that I could never pay him enough. For the first time in many years of this nightmare I have begun to realize maybe I have a purpose in this life after all. He didn't assist me in getting some disability program that I did not want in the first place. He gave me the advice and tools to allow me to accomplish what I was meant to do in this world. Work, contribute, make a difference and help my family. When I compare A Dr that helped me get back to that versus a doctor that didnt care to begin with there is no comparison. Lastly, when was the last time your doctor sat and analyzed your health issues for over 3 HOURS.??? Never, right. Dr Cook did. Also, be honest. When was the last time your Dr. actually took the time out of his already busy day to speak personally with you on the phone as Dr Cook has for me. Im sure your answer will be no as well. This is a Dr that over and above any other I have had has helped me to get some relief from some all consuming pains that was all that I could think about to a person that realized perhaps I could at least have an opportunity to enjoy some parts of the rest of my life with a degree of quality at times and for that I thank God for him John Kennedy said at his inaugural that you should "ask not what your country can do for you" but what can YOU do for your country. Well that is of great importance to me and my life and Dr Cook gave me this opportunity. That and allowed me to feel some comfort in knowing I have a very smart professional that really does care about me and my health and the QUALITY OF THAT HEALTH. A doctor that REALLY LISTENS to what your problems are and goes to the moon and back to help you solve them. I have never felt as safe with my health issues as I do now thanks to Dr Cook. He has helped me to help myself get my life back and for the first time in over 19 or 20 years of intense pain. Now I actually want to live because I am not completely engulfed and absorbed in this vicious pain cycle. For the first time in years I now actually have something called HOPE………..I feel very fortunate to to have someone like Dr Cook taking care of ME. This doctor has changed my life and allowed me to try to regain some productivity and help my family that has been taking care of me. That means everything to me. It is allowing me for once some DIGNITY with my life. I am so grateful I didnt give up as I almost did before meeting him. He is a REAL DOCTOR that cares. Can you say that about your doctor??

Very Patient Oriented Physician

Posted on May 6th, 2013

Longtime patient and I find Dr. Cook to be a very well mannered, very 'down to earth' as far as Doctor to Patient. Very professional, He actually takes the time to talk and deal with each patient, I'm assuming, as he did me. I've always had a good repore with Dr. Cook. Overall...Great Doctor!!

Great Caring Doctor

Posted on January 23rd, 2013

MY first appt was 4 hours long. He spent the entire 4 hours talking with me, getting my medical history from beginning to end. I am suffering from 6 different conditions. 5 doctors before Dr. Cook missed 5 of them. H takes his time to treat me from my complex physical conditions right down to my mental wellbeing and has been known to give great relationship advice as well. He cares about his patients and wants their whole life to be better due to his care. He is a wonderful doctor. Im not sure what shape I would be in now without his treatment.

awesome

Posted on August 3rd, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Cook's for many many years. He is amazing. I've never had a doctor so willing to spend as much time with me as needed. So caring and excellent, cutting edge health care.

Posted on November 18th, 2011

There are no words to describe Dr. Cook. He MISDIAGNOSED my husband and wanted to treat him for something he did not have! What ever happened to "Do No Harm?" He is extremely unprofessional...the use of profanity during a consult & examination is never called for! He has dogs running throughout his office & claims that they are his patients' dogs, when in fact they are his! Words of advice: seek another doctor because this one will only cause severe mental anguish! Not worth the fee he is charging!

Excellent Physician

Posted on January 16th, 2011

Dr. Cook took care of me when all others had given up, he knows how to handle complicated patients and get them better.

Great neurologist!

Posted on July 12th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Cook's for 13 years and he's terrific! He is incredibly smart and extremely up to date on the newest research, techniques, ideas, etc. He spends as muchh time as needed (and more!) with his patients. He's brilliant and caring.

Love Dr. Cook

Posted on November 7th, 2008

Had to switch drs because of insurance and I REALLY miss Dr. Cook. He is great at looking at the whole picture and is very conscientious about research. Awesome doctor!

Cutting edge research, compassionate care

Posted on May 9th, 2008

Being a migraine sufferer for 24 years, I have seen several other specialists in this area. I have never seen another physician, of any kind, who consistently stays on top of the research in the field. It is amazing the amount of individualized care and treatment that Dr. Cook provides.

Posted on April 14th, 2017