Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David H Henry III has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
Dr. David H Henry III has the following 37 expertise
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Blood Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Hodgkin Disease
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Hepatitis C
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Rectal Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Hospice Care
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. David H Henry III has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Henry has been treating me for almost two years and is excellent...extremely knowledgeable and able to explain complex medical issues in layman's terms. He follows up with key information, even if it is late evening phone calls after he departs the hospital or office. He always answers my many questions and is very caring in his demeanor and his delivery of medical care. He always gets me on his schedule when I need to be seen, initiates second opinions when needed or desired by me, always striving to deliver the most accurate information and diagnosis. There are occasional delays at the office, but it is understandable because he is usually spending extra time with a patient who needs it on that particular day. He is an excellent Doctor and part of an excellent team with his office staff and treatment nurses.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors for Cancer (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® For Cancer are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals as being the best in preventing, diagnosing, and treating cancer and its related ramifications. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
43 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. David H Henry III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David H Henry III in this video.
Dr. David H Henry III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.