Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David H Stern
Dr. David H Stern, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Stern is affiliated with LAC-Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance and Del Amo Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David H Stern has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Contact lenses
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I made an appointment with Dr. Stern's office because it was easy to get in without a long wait. I arrived at my appointment and was given a thick application to complete, thick like a book. There were many pages requiring you to sign so they can be sure to get your money. I asked the office lady where I can read what I was signing for. After I gave her my signed application, she asked me to step on the scale to be weighed. Then she lead me to Dr. Stern's office. After I entered his office, I was taken aback by the hostile look from Dr. Stern as if I was his worst enemy. He told me he did not like my questioning the office lady about signing away my rights on the many pages. He wanted me to go and apologize to her. What? I was so shocked by Dr. Stern's hostile confrontation and didn't know what to think. I got up and told him that based on his hostile encounter, I didn't think my visit would go well and that I was leaving. I asked him to give me back the thick application I had just filled out. He went and made a copy, came back and gave me back my application, and I left. I told myself since Dr. Stern did not render any service, he would not bill my insurance. Well, he did. He billed my insurance for a full office visit at $175.00, and got paid for the contract amount, too. I had to pay for it because of the deductible. I went to another doctor's office where I received professional service and had a nice visit. The application was 2 pages, not a book as in Dr. Stern's office. The entire experience I had with Dr. Stern's office was a nightmare which I would not want to wish on anyone.
Dr. Stern is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. David H Stern accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDavid Howard Stern Md, 1218 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance, CA
Dr. David H Stern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.