Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David E Handman
Dr. David E Handman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fontana, CA. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Surgical Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine and Surgery. Dr. Handman is affiliated with Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center. Dr. Handman has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David E Handman has the following 3 specialties
- Surgical Critical Care
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. David E Handman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Handman claimed the lump on my left side was an mematoma. The lump was lanced open approximately 6 inches and I was told it would heal from the inside out. After 2 to 3 weeks a wound care nurse red flag emailed Handman telling him there was a problem with the wound and said he would see me at my appointment with the physician assistant wound care specialists of which he failed to show. Two weeks after that another surgeon at Kaiser was summoned by the PA because she felt something was wrong and the new sugeon agreed. I was scheduled for surgery to remove the open lump that had grown bigger than a golf ball that night and had 6 1/2 inches of my side removed. Since this began other lumps formed throughout my body but was diagnosed as lipomas. Four days later I was told by phone from my urologist that I had been diagnosed with (Stage 4) non hodgkins lymphoma. I was left with an open malignant tumor for 7 weeks with at least 3 other tumors surfacing. Dr. Handman was noticed on more than one occasion that something was wrong and did nothing putting my life at risk. Handman and Kaiser provided me with a low standard of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Handman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Sackler School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente, 9985 Sierra Ave, Fontana, CA
Dr. David E Handman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fontana, CA.