Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David L Harker has the following 1 specialty
Dr. David L Harker has the following 1 expertise
Dr. David L Harker has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David L Harker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I highly recommend Dr. Harker as a general surgeon. He is very good at his job and is very confident. As this was my first surgery, I was extremely nervous. I think he could sense my nervousness and talked to me before I went into surgery and explained everything in detail. Just with him talking to me he helped calm my nerves, which I was very appreciative of. He also came and talked with me after my surgery and was genuinely concerned at how I was doing. Dr. Harker is a very caring doctor and is very passionate about his job. So glad that he is my doctor!
Dr. Harker was my surgeon for an emergency gall bladder surgery in 2000. He knew that I was petrified since it was my first time in a hospital (as a patient) let alone it being my first surgery. Instead of just turning me over to the anesthesiologist which is common, Dr. Harker walked with me and the anesthesiologist to the operating room and stayed right with me while I was hooked up by the operating room staff. He made sure I was comfortable and had all my questions answered. This impressed me greatly and made me feel I was in very good hands. My fear actually lessened. When I made it to ...97 and all went dark, he then went out, scrubbed, and did a great job even though I had complications inside. His caring for someone who was very frightened made the experience much better than it would have been otherwise.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
28 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1990
David Grant Usaf Medical Center
Dr. David L Harker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Peak Advantage - UT
- Humana Choice POS
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David L Harker in this video.
Dr. David L Harker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cody, WY.