Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David G Heisig
Dr. David G Heisig, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Syracuse, NY. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Heisig is affiliated with St Josephs Hospital Health Center, Crouse Hospital Inc and Community Campus at Upstate University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David G Heisig has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 16
This doctor has no bedside manner what so ever. There are no words to describe his ignorance. I had 2 appts with him. In my first visit he told me my issues could be from my c-section. In my second visit he told me I was making it up he never said that. He asked me very rudely why I was here. His attitude was shocking to the point where I grabbed my purse and said " so do you want to give me medicine and ship me on my way, you ignorance is disgusting." I would never refer him to anyone nor will I ever go see him again. I am truly disgusted with his behavior and the way I was spoken to and treated by him.
I found Dr. heisig to be friendly and courteous. He took his time with me and got to the bottom of my problem. While speaking to him on the phone, he was caring and patient. Since I had such a good experience with Dr. Heisig, my husband and brother-in-law have also made appointments and remain very satisified.
The Doctor helped me with digestive issues. He is incredibly thorough and competant. His office runs like a fine swiss watch. You could find someone little less formal, but not someone with more medical knowledge. If you need your hand held choose someone else. If you need a brilliant GastroEnterologist, choose Dr. Heisig.
Dr. Heisig is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. David G Heisig accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Gastroenterology, 1000 E Genesee St Ste 205, Syracuse, NY
Dr. David G Heisig is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syracuse, NY.