Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David C Herz has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
If I could leave less than one star, I would. He honestly is incapable of showing any compassion. A pediatrician should be fun and actually like kids. He however was very depressing. It was like I was watching my son be seen by eeyore. He was very monotone, did not interact well with my 2 month old and the appointment seemed very rushed. He made my husband and I both feel very uncomfortable. He would be better suited working in a morgue rather than with children
A family friend who is a physician recommended Dr. Herz to us several years ago for our daughter. We have been very happy with Dr. Herz. He is very knowledgeable and takes a personal interest in our daughter. He calls us on his day off to give us lab results. He is very professional and is great at what he does. We would not trust anyone else if our daughter had a serious illness.
Dr. Herz was the first pediatrician to see my daughter in the hospital when she was born. Ever since then, we have brought our kids to him. We moved somewhat out of the area, and nowwe have to drive 30 miles to see him, but we think it is worth the time because we really trust what he tells us.He treats us like friends, not just patients. My children feel very comfortable with him because they know that he really cares about them and I agree. I would never trust my children with another doctor.
We had been to 2 other pediatricians without an accurate dignosis for our newborn. I was thankful that I finally found a doctor that could give us the right diagnosis!! Sine Dr. Herz has an additional specialty in the care of newborns,besides pediatrics,he easily came to the correct conclusion for our newborn daughter. Additionally, his office got us in for an appointment right away, and we waited only a few minutes in his office. Anyone with a newborn (or any other child)will appreciate this! He also called us backto follow up on a lab test.
I have brought my grandchildren to Dr. Herz for the last five years. Their parents both work, so when the kids are sick, we babysit them and take them to the doctor. Dr. Herz is very caring and very thorough. We know that he truly cares about the health of his patients. His office is very good at giving us same day appointments for illnesses. He calls us to find out if the kids are improving. We are very happy with him.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. David C Herz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsScripps Coastal Medical Center-Carlsbad, 2176 Salk Ave, Carlsbad, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David C Herz in this video.
Dr. David C Herz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carlsbad, CA.