Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Heskiaoff
Dr. David Heskiaoff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sherman Oaks, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Heskiaoff is affiliated with Northridge Hospital Medical Center and Encino Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David Heskiaoff has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
My surgery was supposed to be done arthroscopic, leaving three tiny incisions. Instead Heskiaoff opened my shoulder completely (6 inch scar) and did God knows what to my shoulder. When it was time to remove my bandages, 2 WEEKS later, the surgery sight was infected. Sutures were removed. I had to go back in a few weeks later because there were still sutures in me that he forgot about, and did not believe me when I told him they were still there. He proceeded to grab a pair of pliers, pull on the suture as hard as he can to no avail because it was still attached to something! He then cut the suture. To cut this short, the surgery failed, he just gave me a shot of cortisone and said "Good luck". It has been 2 years of horrid pain.
Spoken from his own mouth, when I repeatedly tried to get information out of him regarding options available to treat my pain. He refused to answer my questions, instead, telling me that (the pain) "is the way it's going to be" regarding an injury. I'm quite young, and it was shocking to hear a physician refuse to even discuss alternative treatments. Not just what he said, but his behavior was always off- never facing me as the patient, always orienting himself toward his chart, never making eye contact, leaving the room without stating whether the visit is over, etc. The last visit ended with him forcefully stating "Don't come back, I can't do anything for you. Find another doctor" in an excessively loud volume. If you want to try him out, go for it. But please, trust your instincts.
Dr. Heskiaoff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Hospital For Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute
Dr. David Heskiaoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. David Heskiaoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sherman Oaks, CA.