Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Hodgens
Dr. David Hodgens, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Vista, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Radiation Oncology and Radiology. Dr. Hodgens is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Tri-City Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David Hodgens has the following 2 specialties
- Radiation Oncology
A radiation oncologist is a physician who specializes in the use of nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating cancer in a patient.
These doctors work in concert with other cancer specialists in order to determine the best form of treatment for a specific patient. Radiation oncologists are in charge of determining the correct dose of radiation to be used in treatments like radiotherapy and chemotherapy, as well as the appropriate amount of time that radiation should be administered in order to maximize the therapeutic benefits.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. David Hodgens has the following 5 expertise
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Nervous System Cancer
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Therapy
Dr. David Hodgens is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Hodgens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scripps Mercy Hospital - Chula Vista Campus
Scripps Mercy Hospital Hillcrest
Corona Regional Med Center
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Scripps Green Hospital
Inland Valley Medical Center
Sharp Memorial Hospital
41 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. David Hodgens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Hodgens in this video.
Dr. David Hodgens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vista, CA.