Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David B Hoverson has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David B Hoverson has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. David B Hoverson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 10
This was my 1st GI I had after I was diagnose w Crohn's disease 4 yrs ago, so I didn't know any better. I needed surgeries, and was dealing with horrendous amounts of pain. Dr H was by far the worst dr I've had since getting this terrible disease. He did not understand that when he put me on the reccomemded med for this illness (Remikade), all of a sudden it wasn't like magic and I was not back to normal. I have heard he has several law suits against him by a reliable source who works as a malpractice lawyers assistant. He also gave me a colonoscopy with out anestisia, or any other drug. VERY PAINFUL for someone in my condition. I would probably have law suit against him, if I were that type of person. I have had 15 surgeries since stopping his services, & they were all much needed. I would sooner treat myself then ever to back, or reccomemd anyone see this horrible doctor!
He was so bad that he just gave up on me, without a second thought, I went back to him twice because of my pain and he just gave up on me. I went to another doctor who diagnosed me with Scleroderma of the lungs and the esophagus, an awful and incurrable disease. SHAME ON YOU DOCTOR I will never refer any one to you, you have no bedside manners and you don't even try to take the time to get to know your patients. WHY DID YOU BECOME A DOCTOR IN THE FIRST PLACE????Don't ever forget that we the patients put money into your pocket. You really need to care more about them.
42 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. David B Hoverson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorthern New Mexico Gastroenterology Associates, 1691 Galisteo St Ste C, Santa Fe, NM
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David B Hoverson, MD - Gastroenterology in Santa Fe, NM, in this video.
Dr. David B Hoverson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Fe, NM.