Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Howie
Dr. David Howie, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, TX. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Howie is affiliated with Cleveland Regional Medical Center, Conroe Regional Medical Center and Park Plaza Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David Howie has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Showing 5 of 25
I went in to have him look at my foot which I was born with a birth defect and to see about having it corrected, On the first visit he said I needed a surgery to fix that defect ... to go home talk it over with my family and get back with an answer which I did ... He told me my down time would be 6 months and I be back to normal ... Which here I am almost 2 years later and STILL not able to walk normal anymore ... Now spoke with other drs and they say it needs to be amputated from the knee down and NOT one dr will touch it now cause he done it ...
Me and my wife had a motorcycle accident. We both suffered serious injuries me with two broken shoulders and my wife with a shattered wrist. My wife had surgery by another DR at Conroe ER. The DR did a horrible job the metal he put in her wrist was starting to come thru her skin and caused some nerve damage. We went to see Doctor Howie after this traumatic experience. He was blunt and to the point explained to us exactly where the other surgeon went wrong and how he was going to fix it. My wife's surgery went great her wrist finally looked strait again. He performed two surgery on me both went perfect with a quick recovery time. As a doctor he is blunt a strait forward doesn't sugar coat it for you. As a surgeon he is truly a master of his profession.
My 12 yr old had a fractured wrist, I got all the reports from the hospital my son was seen at. Dr. Howie looked at the films and said they were un acceptable and that my son needed a closed reduction the next day. The dr wanted to know of any complications my son has had if any.. I said yes it's hard to find vain's due to they role. Dr. Howie said that was not right and then he told my son he was just FAT! I over looked that comment and went ahead and scheduled the appt for day surgery woke up at 4 am drove a hr away, 2 hrs went by and no dr the hospital staff couldn't even find him including his own practice, finally they found the dr, and Dr. Howie canceled after my son had been giving alittle of the sadation. No sorry no nothing from this dr. The Dr's office told me he through out his back the night before, I noticed at the office the day before the dr couldn't hardly even walk. I'm floored by the whole thing. I advise everyone to go somewhere else. This dr. Doesn't even need to practice medicine
Dr. Howie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cleveland Regional Medical Center
Conroe Regional Medical Center
Park Plaza Hospital
Houston Northwest Medical Center
Doctors Diagnostic Hospital
The Methodist Hospital
West Houston Medical Center
Memorial Medical Center Livingston
Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
St. Joseph Medical Center
MHHS Northeast Hospital
Houston North West MC
Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
Valley Hospital Medical Center
North Vista Hospital
Kingwood Med Ctr, Kingwood, Tx
27 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Locations & Directions901 E Houston St, Cleveland, TX
Dr. David Howie is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Cleveland, TX.