Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David I Cohen has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 16
I got Dr Cohen while in ER, did not choose him. Rude, does not listen. After he put in a stint, first appointment he obsessed about a white cat hair on the back of my shirt. Other times wanted to know who put me on a certain medication... when I told him he put me on it.. his response "My Bad". One time telling me my blood pressure sky high, run a BP tape for a week & bring to next appointment in a week. Did this & tried to hand tape to him, would not take it and simply stated "I don't need that, your BP is fine". Another apt he asked what kind of stint he put in me (he had my file in front of him), I told him I don't know....he told me I do not need to take Plavix anymore, to stop, this was 2-3 weeks after my heart attack. I soon asked someone else if they could refer me to a different Dr as his behavior was erratic and did not trust to handle my heart or needs. Unfortunately, I got referred to the same office to Dr Shin who I would rate the same as Dr Cohen, just as bad. On my 2nd heart attack Dr Shin exclaimed, that why you had that heart attack, because YOU stopped taking Plavix. I corrected her that Dr Cohen took me off the Plavix and have the medical record showing he did. A month later see a different Dr/Office that Dr on call Shin for something came back in and mention me stopping Plavix which came from Shin covering for Dr Cohen. I will never see another Dr in that office/group as the attitude seems to run the same between Dr. They forget that we are the client (paying client for service) not the insure company..... I pay the insurance premium and copays etc, not the insurance co. and you can give me advice but I make the ultimate decisions. I do not pay you to treat me badly.
I have only seen this doctor twice because my regular cardiologist had retired. The first vist was a "I'm a great doctor and I will look out for your well being". My second visit I found his front office staff to be rude, abrubt and very uncaring. I was scheduled as his last appointment for the day and he was in a hurry. Pretty much demanded what I had to do for my heart condition and blood pressure and was not willing to sit and answer my questions and concerns about new medication he wanted to put me on. I am not impressed. His bed side manner stinks. I am meeting with my family doctor today to see if I can find a more suitable cardiologist that is patient friendly and caring.
Dr. Cohen was on call one weekend for my regular Dr. I was having some problems so I had to put a call into him. He had to be paged twice and when he did call back he was so rude to me on the phone.I have never been treated like that by a Dr. He was so put out that he had to talk to me. I realize that he was busy, but he actually yelled at me at one point. He needs to work on his bedside manner.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Scripps Mercy Hospital
Dr. David I Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. David I Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.