Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David J Inwards
Dr. David J Inwards, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Inwards is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Health System - Albert Lea and Austin, Mayo Clinic Hospital Methodist Campus and Essentia Health St Marys Medical Center. Dr. Inwards has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. David J Inwards has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David J Inwards has the following 16 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Hodgkin Disease
- Follicular Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- B-Cell Lymphoma (CBCL)
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Dr. David J Inwards has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David J Inwards is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
My son is a patient of Dr. Inwards. I attend the appointments with him. I am so impressed at how smart Dr. Inwards is, he knows so much about so many types of cancer and he can explain them to us. He has come up with a chemo plan for our son who has a rare condition. The doctors at the Mayo Clinic and St. Mary's Hospital are the best in the U.S. They are really a team that believes the patient's interest is the only interest. Many Many thanks to Dr. Inwards for his work.
I've been a lymphoma patient of Dr. Inwards for 2 yrs. now. I've never experienced this level of care before. I like it. Time was taken to explain the latest research to me. I was definitely part of the process in deciding my treatment. Dr. Inwards and his staff made it feel like a small town clinic with friendly faces and a relaxed atmosphere. Thankyou Dr. Inwards and Mayo!
Dr. Inwards appears to be a very intelligent man, although I felt he wasvery condesending to my husband who has a serious cancer. He spent time with us but I don't feel he answered our questions or provided appropriate treatment options. We spent a lot of money driving out to Mayo and staying in a hotel and we came away feeling we did not get what we expected from this doctor.
It is an empathetic and compassionate physician. I am truly impressed with his knowledge, his bedside manner and his caring for patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Inwards is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1984
Dr. David J Inwards accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. David J Inwards is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.