Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Cohen
Dr. David Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lexington, MA. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with HALLMARK HEALTH SYSTEM/Melrose-Wakefield Hospital, Cambridge Health Alliance: Cambridge and Cambridge Health Alliance : Whidden. He speaks English.
Dr. David Cohen has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Memory Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
HALLMARK HEALTH SYSTEM/Melrose-Wakefield Hospital
Cambridge Health Alliance: Cambridge
Cambridge Health Alliance : Whidden
St. Vincent's Hospital
Hallmark Health System/Lawrence Memorial Hospital Of Medford
Boston Regional Medical Center
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Whidden Memorial Hospital
Cambridge Health Alliance
- Tufts University School Of Medicine
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. David Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDavid J Cohen MD, 27 Burroughs Rd, Lexington, MA
Dr. David Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, MA.