Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors, symptoms and doctors who treat it.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it & the symptoms
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sarcoidosis Facts about sarcoidosis, including causes, symptoms, and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David J Fischer
Dr. David J Fischer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palo Alto, CA, with another office in Fremont, CA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology, Rheumatology and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Fischer is affiliated with Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital. Dr. Fischer has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. David J Fischer has the following 4 specialties
- Pediatric Anesthesiology
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr Fischer has provided excellent care for over 10 years as my disease progressed and changed. He spends the time needed to hear about my current symptoms and gets me appointments with other specialists or tests the same day when I had serious problems. He orders tests necessary to diagnose or rule out problems and sends does not hesitate to send me to specialists as needed. He encourages me to contact him if anything seems out of whack so we can try to catch it and he'll squeeze me in if he thinks he should see me. I appreciate his experience as my disease presents itself in so many ways.
Dr. Fischer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. David J Fischer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. David J Fischer is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.