Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Houghton
Dr. David Houghton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, KY, with other offices in Hammond, LA and Slidell, LA (and 1 other location). He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Houghton is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center-Westbank, Norton Hospital and Ochsner Clinic Foundation. He speaks English.
Dr. David Houghton has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Essential Tremor
- Migraine Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
My brothers and I had explored all options and had begun to think there was nothing we could do for our father. My father had Parkinson's disease and the progression was getting worse or so we thought. After several different neurologists that seemed to all say the same thing, "this is all we can do" and many episodes of my father falling and having trauma unrelated to Parkinson's, we read an article about a group in Louisville Kentucky that was working with Parkinson's patients with success. We scheduled an appointment with Dr. David Houghton. He was truly an answer to a prayer. His care has been over and beyond anything that we could ask for, and we had seen the care of 100's of doctors up to this point. Dr. Houghton has changed my Dad's life, his mobility, his attitude and general well-being, even when un-Parkinson's related. I assure you that your experience with Dr. Houghton would be the same as ours.With Gratitude, Patient of 5 years.
Dr. Houghton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ochsner Medical Center-Westbank
Ochsner Clinic Foundation
Ochsner Baptist Medical Center
Northshore Regional Medical Center
Kenner Regional Medical Center
St Anne General Hospital
Ochsner Medical Center-Westbank
UMC U of L Hospital and Brown Cancer CE
11 Years Experience
Medical College of Georgia
Graduated in 2002
Dr. David Houghton accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Houghton in this video.
Dr. David Houghton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.