Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David J Howard has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David J Howard has the following 12 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. David J Howard has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
This physician was not comfortable treating my rare condition. Rather than tell me that himself. He waited until my prescriptions ran out and had refused to renew them and had the pharmacy tell me to find another physician. I was without my medication for several days because of this, which was quite dangerous. Unacceptable.
14 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Nevada Reno Family Medicine Center, University Nevada Reno, Reno, NV
Dr. David J Howard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.