More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David J Michelson
Dr. David J Michelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Bernardino, CA. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. Dr. Michelson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David J Michelson has the following 2 specialties
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
Dr. David J Michelson has the following 4 expertise
- Congenital Anomalies
- Congenital Heart Disease
- High-Risk Deliveries
- Premature Infants
Dr. David J Michelson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David J Michelson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Michelson took care of my daughter in 2005. Loma Linda was the third hospital in a matter of a week - my daughter was close to death. The Loma Linda Neuro team and Dr. Michelson had her diagnosed within a couple of days. My daughter suffered a severe infection that left her with a brain injury. If it wasn't for Dr. Michelson's care of my daughter she would still be in a wheelchair today. But instead she is a Junior in College and ran a in the tough mudders this past June! I can't say enough good about Dr. Michelson and the Loma Linda Peds Neuro team. Thanks to them ( and a lot of prayer) my daughter is leading a great life. It's worth the wait in the office or on the calendar. She is 20 years old now and she still gets annual check ups by the extremely caring and hard working DR. Of course it is going to be hard to see him. But it's worth it. He goes above and beyond to give the best care possible. If your child is having neuro problems do whatever you can to go see him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
20 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Kaiser Permanente Medical Group
Dr. David J Michelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Neurology Clinic, 2195 Club Center Dr Ste A, San Bernardino, CA
Dr. David J Michelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Bernardino, CA.