Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David J Riddle
Dr. David J Riddle, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL, with another office in Birmingham, AL. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease, Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. David J Riddle has 2 locations
513 Brookwood Blvd Ste 50
Birmingham, AL 35209
513 Brookwood Blvd Ste 50
Birmingham, AL 35209
Book Online Now
Dr. David J Riddle has the following 3 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.<br>Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David J Riddle has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- HIV Infections
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. David J Riddle is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. David J Riddle - Posted on January 6th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. David J Riddle - Posted on July 8th, 2015
Made a mistake that could have been serious!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. David J Riddle - Posted on May 26th, 2014
This doctor is a joke. Instead of sending what he had listed in the computer and what the blood test confirmed to be the correct dose of medicine he sends in an incorrect dose. After calling his nurses about it and sending him a letter about the mistake he sends the correct dosage. Two weeks latter, I receive a certified letter stating he will no longer treat me. 1. The letter proves he is only concerned with trying to cover his tracks and not the patient. 2. He and his staff is extremely rude and pompous. 3. He is quick to prescribe new drugs that haven't even been fully tested. 4. He obviously doesn't take the time to check his computer and blood test records.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
17 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. David J Riddle Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David J Riddle is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.