Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David J Shepherd Jr
Dr. David J Shepherd Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Enid, OK. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. David J Shepherd Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David J Shepherd Jr has the following 53 expertise
- Critical Care
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cholesterol Management
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Weight Loss
- Seizure Disorders
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Memory Disorders
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Metabolic Disorders
- Thoracic Diseases
- Growth Disorders
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Lyme Disease
- Panic Disorder
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Smoking Cessation
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Showing 1 of 2
Dr. Shepard was my doctor and my grandma's doctor. Her and I both have bad livers because of genetics and we were both complaining of bleeding out the bottom. I don't know how many colonoscopies she had, but I had one. He said I was fine. So, I said where do we go from here because I'm still bleeding. He said, " I said you were fine", and left it at that. I still bleed off and on, but for the moment I am fine. My grandma however it not. She still bleeds and come to find out he had been prescribing her Loratabs for 2 years, which is bad in general to prescribe Loratabs for that long let alone to a women that is predisposed to a bad liver. He lied and said he did not, but pharmaceutical records to not lie. My grandma now how cirrhosis of the liver. She was taken off Loratabs and had hallucinations. This was done when she had gone the emergency room and they realized she was on them. She just recently got a new doctor who is close with Dr. Shepherd and he has lied to our family and on medical reports that Dr. Shepherd did not cause all of this with prescribing Loratabs that my grandma is an alcoholic. I was raised by her and lived a few blocks away from her until about a year and a half ago. I have never seen her drink and she does not like that her granchildren drink. She did not like it when her ex-husband drank. I am not saying that she has never drank, but I bet you can count how many drinks she has had in her life on two hands. The doctors in Enid or the doctors connected with St. Mary's band together to protect each other when malpractice has been done. They do not protect the patient. My grandma now can no longer take any pain meds such as ibeprophen or asprin or she might bleed to death. Dr. Shepherd I can sue you for neglecting me and I sure can sue you for neglecting and lying about my grandmother. The sad thing is my grandma really liked him and trusted him even after he did me wrong. It is a shame that people like this take advantage of the elderly or just people like myself in general.
43 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. David J Shepherd Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSAINT MARYS PHYSICIAN ASSOCIATES, 721 W Broadway Ave Ste D, Enid, OK
Dr. David J Shepherd Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Enid, OK.