Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David B Jager has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Jager is very unpleasant. He seems wholly unconcerned with patients and their pain. I had to move to Florida after reconstructive spine surgery from a failed fusion which involved anterior and posterior incisions to fix a failed fusion because that is where my family lives and I needed support. I had my surgery in GA at Emory because that was the closest complex spine surgeon who would take my case. I needed to have post-operative care in Florida and Dr. Jager treated me like a drug addict/seeker. It is not that I am unwilling to try different approaches. It is that I am recovering from surgery and need help from a true professional anesthesiologist/pain doctor to manage my pain and to get off my pain medications as I am healing. Dr. Jager is not a professional anesthesiologist/pain doctor, and I do not recommend him at all.
Claimed 45+ minute visit with my insurance company when he only actually spent 7-12 minutes with me. However, I waited over one hour to see this doctor. Beware of the rip-off double billing scheme. After copay of $35.00 Florida Hospital bills each patience he see $300.00 for rent on exam room. Don't waste your time or money.
Dr. Jager is an excellent pain management doctor. I have been under his care for approximately 7 years and for the first time was able to find relief from the treatment received. He is very caring and spends the necessary time to access the issues presented. I had been to other doctors for the same condition but found no success.
Dr. Jager is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. David B Jager accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoseph L Riley Anesthesia Associates, 291 Southhall Ln Ste 202, Maitland, FL
Dr. David B Jager is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maitland, FL.