Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please contact us if you have any additional information.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. D Johnston MD
Dr. D Johnston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lexington, KY. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Johnston is affiliated with Saint Joseph East, Saint Joseph Hospital and Mary Chiles Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. D Johnston has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. D Johnston has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. D Johnston - Posted on July 22nd, 2011
Dr. Johnston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph East
Saint Joseph Hospital
Mary Chiles Hospital
Berea Hospital Chi
ST Joseph East Lexington
Saint Joseph East, Saint Joseph Hospital
16 Years Experience
University of Kentucky
Graduated in 1997
Dr. D Johnston Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. D Johnston's office for more information.
1221 S Broadway Lexington, KY : (859) 258-4950
Locations & Directions1221 S Broadway, Lexington, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. D Johnston, MD - Gastroenterology in Lexington, KY, in this video.
Dr. D Johnston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, KY.