Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David K Kaufman has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. David K Kaufman has the following 13 expertise
- Essential Tremor
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Movement Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Parkinson Disease
Dr. David K Kaufman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
Dr. Kaufman gave me about 10 minutes of his time. He was condescending and talked down to me. He told me what his diagnosis was and then told me to go home and "google it". The symptoms of that condition were not remotely similar to the symptoms I told him I was having. It was clear he wasn't interested in helping me. After this appointment, I talked to some of my friends and co-workers and found others who had the same experience with Dr. Kaufman so I know I'm not alone. I am now in the process of finding a new neurologist.
This dr is very rude and arrogant. He had no knowledge of the diagnosis we have worked very hard to find. And we know it to be fact. He showed up without my father's file, even though we drove 2 hours to see him. And then had enough gall to give his own diagnosis without any facts to back it up. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this quack.
I had a stroke maybe! It didn't show on cat scan or MRI but all I can say are things are different my thought process is totally different. If I read out loud different words come out than what are on the page. My headache are unbelievable my ability to consintrat is not there. And thank god for spell check. But this doctor will not take the te to listen to me or says that is not possible when I say something is wrong. When asked to give me advise he doesn't say anything or changes subject. He needs to slow down and listen
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1989
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. David K Kaufman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsStacey Mroczenski Pa, 725 S Webster Ave Ste 201, Green Bay, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David K Kaufman in this video.
Dr. David K Kaufman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Green Bay, WI.