Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David B Karpf has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
Showing 5 of 6
Don't ever go to Dr. Karpf. He got an attitude and think that he is something special. I went to see him several times and he did not try to understand his patient concerns. Everytime I asked him a question, he will tell me he doesn't get pay of doing his job at Stanford. He said he is doing that for free! I don't care if he is doing that for free or not, but if he accept the job, he should listen and respect to his patient even he didn't get pay, that is not the patient's problem. Dr Karpf ordered a bunch of lab test for me and told me to email him after I took the test, then he will reply to let me know the result. Well, I emailed him several times after the test, he never response to his email. So I ended up taking the test, but don't know the result.
Although it was difficult getting an appointment (I had to wait almost 4 months), it was more than worth it! He spent more than 90 minutes with me, answering ALL of my questions - he is very generous with his time. He knows more about osteoporosis than anyone - he is one of the wrold experts - and I left there knowing more about it than my doctor eho referred me to Dr. Karpf! He called me at home to discuss my lab results, and will continue to follow me without any charge! I've NEVER met any doctor like him!
38 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. David B Karpf accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStanford Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA
Dr. David B Karpf is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Stanford, CA.