Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David Kauff has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David Kauff is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Exactly the kind of doctor I'd hoped for. I don't what it is that makes some primary care physicians such soothing personalities to be around, but Dr. Kauff had it happen, Dr. Kauff is one of them. I've never had such a quick, comprehensive medical experience in my life. I went in with a tiny little hip ailment I'd been worrying about, Dr. Kauff did some quick, testing movements of the joint, had me in and out of xray in maybe 10 minutes, in another five both he and a radiologist could tell me that my bone looked great and it was a tendon problem. PT referral followed, anti-inflammatory, yadda yadda. That was a lot of an initial half hour appointment. His bedside manner was great, consistent eye contact, very personable, listens clearly to what you have to say. A+ in every regard.
I have been lucky over the years with Group Health. I have always had a good doctor and Dr. Kauff is no exception. His interest in your health and well being are his top priority. And it is appaerent. He listens and is engaging and that is important in putting together a plan to your recovery. I don't like going to the doctor, as most of us don't. But he puts you at ease and you just feel a little better having seen and talked with him.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kauff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Virginia Mason Medical Center
23 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1990
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1420 5th Ave, Seattle, WA
Dr. David Kauff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.