Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David S Kleinman IV has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Lipid Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 5 of 32
Probably in all my years of having health care this is the worst doctor I ever met. No compassion, talks although not listen,. He questioned me why I was there yet never offered advice. He would not shake my hand...he was arrogant. I will not ever tell anyone to go to this doctor. Several times during our meeting I just wanted to stand up and walk out. As a successful businessman for 30 years where communication was priority this Doctor lacks in all parts,. Secondly his medical advice was none to vague. Please, if this is a doctor on your list...save yourself time, self assurance and money and take him off your list
Yes, he was extremely easy to book an appointment with (that should have been a red flag) and the office staff plus his assistant, Tess, were very nice, but Dr. Kleinman is THE worst doctor I have ever seen. Not only did he admit to me he "wasn't very good at determining when a patient is coming out of remission" (I was hyperthyroid and labs went immediately back into range after starting meds), he was verbally abusive multiple times to me, did not actually address any new issues that arose (just ran through his checklist like a robot), and - now that I have seen other endos and been diagnosed with Graves' (officially - someone needs to tell Kleinman you need bloodwork, not guessing, to determine this) and Hashimoto's - he clearly knows nothing about diagnosing or truly treating thyroid conditions (or AI diseases). He actually YELLED at me when I brought him bloodwork from another doctor supporting that I had reactive hypoglycemia (and endocrine problem) that there was nothing wrong with me. If you are into doctors that admit there lack of medical prowess and will make you feel worse after each visit, Kleinman is your man. OH! Almost forgot: as best as I can tell, from overhearing his interactions with elderly diabetic patients, he is actually sympathetic and caring.
Dr. Kleinman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. David S Kleinman IV accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDiabetes & Endocrinology Center, 40 Bey Lea Rd Ste B103, Toms River, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David S Kleinman IV in this video.
Dr. David S Kleinman IV is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toms River, NJ.